Tuesday 21 February 2012

Audio: How reliable is the TTC?

Two weeks ago I took to the streets with a radio recorder and asked 10 commuters for their thoughts on the TTC.

I picked the four whose comments best reflected what I'd heard Some were quite satisfied, while others complained of unpredictable service.





I mixed it with some photos in my Flickr account and produced this audio slideshow.

Our class this week is focusing on the use of audio online. I found some TTC-related podcasts that are worth a listen:

  • Spacing Radio: The magazine for Canadian infrastructure wonks has a bi-wekly discussion on issues including transit.
  • Canadian Urban Institute: This podcast has unfortunately remained untouched since 2010, but has some interesting talks on the possibilities and limitations of the TTC. Some of the talk of looming budgetary conflict is eerily prophetic.
  • Posted Toronto: The National Post's Toronto section has a weekly sit-down with its city-dwelling editorial board members. Transit is a frequent topic.
  • CBC's Metro Morning: The show is a round-up of Toronto news and issues, but the ongoing TTC debates feature largely in their podcasts.
I also found some individual episodes on TTC plans:

No comments:

Post a Comment